Promises Kept, We Have:
- Opened Trustee meetings to the public by moving them to Town Hall and televising them live
- Established an Accabonac Harbor mosquito larvae monitoring program
- Enlarged Georgica Pond’s water quality program, in partnership with Friends of Georgica Pond, the Village of East Hampton and The Nature Conservancy
- Expanded Sag Harbor’s water quality monitoring program, in partnership with Southampton Trustees and Sag Harbor Village
- Proactively pursued a long-term water quality improvement program for Wainscott Pond
- Held numerous public meetings on the Deep Water Wind Project, and are fully engaged in the Federal and State review process
- Promoted public beach access
- Created a horseshoe crab breeding study
- Increased the very popular oyster gardening program
- Spearheaded the Town’s ban of helium balloon release
- Educated students about Trustees’ responsibilities by visiting local schools
And we promise to continue to be actively engaged, searching for answers to the challenges of today and those of tomorrow.
Jim Grimes is a fourth-generation resident of Montauk, raising a fifth generation, his three children, with his wife.
In 1978 he established James C. Grimes Land Design Inc., a landscape design firm, specializing in re-establishment of local plant communities as well as owning Fort Pond Native Plants Inc.
Jim is active and ever-present in the local community serving as a member of: Montauk Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Montauk Fire Department, Boy Scouts of America Troop 136, where he was named the Distinguished Citizen of the Year, 2018, Montauk Historical Society Trustee, Montauk Lions Club, St. Therese Catholic Church Building Committee, New York State Invasive Plant Council, East Hampton Nature Preserve Committee, and Co-Chair of the Harbor Management Committee.
His goals include working on improving water quality in Georgica and other Trustee Ponds; establishing a program to provide much-needed environmental dredging of Napeague Harbor; re-establishing Hicks Island as a nesting site for least tern gulls and piping plover; and, instituting a dredging program to improve Accabonac Harbor.
Now serving his second term as Trustee and an elected Deputy Clerk, he seeks your support in continuing as a Trustee, working on his goals for our community.
Jim Craig Grimes is endorsed by the Democratic Party