How Andrew Strong will Serve You from the Bench
- Lifelong Democrat committed to liberal values, not political expediency
- Opposed to mass incarceration as a remedy for social problems such as drug addiction
- Aware of the complex immigration issues and consequences arising from courtroom proceedings
- Supports diversionary programs for nonviolent crime
- Committed to starting Court on time and conducting Court business efficiently
My legal experience is broad but it has a common theme; I am committed to meeting challenges with hard work and integrity. My work as a local defender of East Hampton’s middle class families, my advocacy for working class immi- grants as counsel to OLA, and my background in international human rights law gives me the experience as well as the perspective to uniquely serve this Town and to apply the law fairly, competently and with a strong sense of social justice.
The Strong family is delighted to be making their life here in East Hampton and are committed to our Town’s long-term well being. Andrew and his wife, Rachael Faraone, have made Springs their home with their three small children — Max 3, Henry 5, and Ella 1.
Attorney and Human Rights Advocate
Currently General Counsel to OLA of Eastern Long Island (Organization for Latino Americans) assisting and advocating for some of our most vulnerable residents
East Hampton attorney with practice areas focused on Town governance, land use and zoning law
Visiting Law Professor in Kiev, Ukraine, teaching the Federal Rules of Evidence and United States courtroom procedures
Defense Attorney Practicing at The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY)
In addition to advocating for the immigrant community, Andrew is on the Board for the East Hampton Level Playing Field Foundation and the Town’s Anti-bias Task Force.