Promises Kept, We Have:
- Opened Trustee meetings to the public by moving them to Town Hall and televising them live
- Established an Accabonac Harbor mosquito larvae monitoring program
- Enlarged Georgica Pond’s water quality program, in partnership with Friends of Georgica Pond, the Village of East Hampton and The Nature Conservancy
- Expanded Sag Harbor’s water quality monitoring program, in partnership with Southampton Trustees and Sag Harbor Village
- Proactively pursued a long-term water quality improvement program for Wainscott Pond
- Held numerous public meetings on the Deep Water Wind Project, and are fully engaged in the Federal and State review process
- Promoted public beach access
- Created a horseshoe crab breeding study
- Increased the very popular oyster gardening program
- Spearheaded the Town’s ban of helium balloon release
- Educated students about Trustees’ responsibilities by visiting local schools
And we promise to continue to be actively engaged, searching for answers to the challenges of today and those of tomorrow.
Bill has a great knowledge of East Hampton’s harbors and beaches and a record of getting things done. He was hired as East Hampton’s first Senior Harbormaster in 1989 and promoted to Waterways Management Supervisor in 2000.
Bill was deeply involved in the creation of the Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan, the local federally designated No Discharge Zone, and our longstanding beach driving regulations. He is the Trustee’s historian, having read all the Trustee Journals.
For years, Bill has worked with federal, state, and county agencies and local environmental groups, helping keep our waters clean, our shellfish grounds open and our navigation channels dredged. Bill was honored to receive the Accabonac Protection Committee’s prestigious “Friend of the Creek” award in 2002. Bill has been successful working cooperatively within all groups that must work together to improve water quality and deal with erosion. Bill was first elected to the Trustees in 2013 and is currently the Trustees’ elected Deputy Clerk.
Bill is a Vietnam Veteran and a founding member of East End Vets. He is a member of the VFW and The American Legion. Bill is a patriotic American who has lived in the Springs for thirty years.
Bill Taylor is endorsed by the Democratic Party