The Democratic Town Committee is the official organization of the Democratic Party in East Hampton. In accordance with law, the Committee proposes candidates for town offices and collects signatures for the petitions required to enable local state and national candidates to run for office. In our town, it does that and much more. We are the friendly critic and watchdog of our elected officials. And in an election, we work overtime to see that they get elected.
Membership in the Democratic Town Committee is open to all Democrats registered in East Hampton. There are two Committee persons for each of the town’s 19 election districts. We meet once a month to hear from our public officials, catch up on news, formulate policy and take on responsibilities during and between campaigns.
Become a Member of the Democratic Town Committee
- The Democratic Town Committee is the official organization of the Democratic Party in East Hampton
- During Covid we have been meeting via ZOOM. Click here to sign up to attend.
- The Committee proposes candidates for town offices and collects signatures for the petitions required to enable local, state and national candidates to run for office
- To become a voting member, one must obtain signatures on a petition from 5% of the registered Democrats in one of the 19 East Hampton election districts. For more information contact Committee Vice-chair Betty Mazur, 631 267-8392 or directly from the Suffolk County Democratic Committee.
Jeremiah Sullivan, Chairman
Jerry Mulligan has resided on Hand Creek Road since 1978. He is a semi-retired attorney, who graduated from Fordham Law School in 1970 and spent his career at the international law firm Curtis-Mallet, Prevost representing clients in the mergers and acquisitions arena. He steps up from the office of Treasurer of the committee and has been a member of the committee’s legislative and campaign sub-committees. In addition, he is active with various local and national environmental groups.
Upon election, Mr. Mulligan stated, “I would like to thank my fellow committee members for selecting me to lead our committee as we move forward into an important election. It will be a challenge to fill the shoes of Cate Rogers who is an active and dedicated public servant. She has worked continuously for many years on behalf of East Hampton in various capacities. I am honored to become the chairman of the East Hampton Democratic Committee and am pleased to be working with Anna Skrenta, the newly elected Vice-Chair of the committee.”
Anna Skrenta, Vice Chair
Anna Skrenta is a native New Yorker who moved to Amagansett 6 years ago with her husband and three children. In addition to raising her children ages 12, 14 and 16, Anna is active in our local community as an elected member of the East Hampton Democratic Committee since 2018, as a member of the East Hampton Anti-Bias Task Force and as a board member of the local non-profit theatre company The Neo-Political Cowgirls.
From 2016-2018, she served as a board member of the Amagansett PTA . As a committee member, Anna has been involved in voter registration, communication and campaign sub-committees and helped to sponsor a virtual Call To Action Summit with young local leadership. Anna is grateful to her fellow committee members for placing their trust in her to carry on the work of the inimitable Betty Mazur and is looking forward to supporting Jerry Mulligan as the new Chair of the committee.
Get to Know the Committee Member in Your Election District
Members of the Democratic Town Committee are available to discuss community and town issues and Democratic positions. They are eager to hear your views, obtain your signatures on nominating petitions and ensure that you know when and where to vote. To contact your Committee person, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a list of members by Election District:
- Jeanne Frankl, Barbara Layton
- Suzanne McNear
- Jim Lubetkin
- Zach Cohen, Loring Bolger
- Ira Barocas, Joan Morgan McGivern
- Larry Smith, Maureen Cahill
- Abigail Fleming, Michael Hansen
- Jerry Mulligan, Mary Busch.
- Francis Bock, Annemarie McCoy
- Sally Richardson, Andrew Harris
- Vicky Blatt
- Anna Skrenta, David Hillman
- Afton DiSunno, Susan McGraw Keber
- J.B. Dos Santos, Audrey Gaines
- Cate Rogers, Christopher Kelley
- Marilyn Van Scoyoc, Tim Garneau
- Bette Smith, Pam Bicket
- Edna Steck, Ben Dollinger
- Connie Cortese, Laura Michaels