2021 Candidate for Town Trustee
- Opened Trustee meetings to the public by moving them to Town Hall and televising them live
- Established an Accabonac Harbor mosquito larvae monitoring program
- Enlarged Georgica Pond’s water quality program, in partnership with Friends of Georgica Pond, the Village of East Hampton and The Nature Conservancy
- Expanded Sag Harbor’s water quality monitoring program, in partnership with Southampton Trustees and Sag Harbor Village
- Proactively pursued a long-term water quality improvement program for Wainscott Pond
- Held numerous public meetings on the Deep Water Wind Project, and are fully engaged in the Federal and State review process
- Promoted public beach access
- Created a horseshoe crab breeding study
- Increased the very popular oyster gardening program
- Spearheaded the Town’s ban of helium balloon release
- Educated students about Trustees’ responsibilities by visiting local schools
And we promise to continue to be actively engaged, searching for answers to the challenges of today and those of tomorrow.
As a graduate of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, Tim has applied his experiences to a number of volunteer positions including as a member of the PTA, board member for the Goat on a Boat Puppet Theatre, board member and coach for East Hampton Little League for 11 years, member of the East Hampton Town Anti-Bias Task Force and a member of the Surfrider Foundation. Tim is also a member of CFAR, CCOM and the Accabonac Protection Committee.
Tim is a site coordinator with the Trustees on a Horseshoe Crab monitoring research project with the Cornell Cooperative Extension.
Tim has been an East Hampton resident since 2001 residing in the Northwest Woods with his wife, Courtney and three kids: Henry, Burton and Lola — all in East Hampton Public Schools.
Tim and his family volunteer at Ditch Plains for AWOW (A Walk on Water) surf therapy for children and adults with special needs.
Tim Garneau is endorsed by the Democratic Party