Promises Kept, We Have:
- Opened Trustee meetings to the public by moving them to Town Hall and televising them live
- Established an Accabonac Harbor mosquito larvae monitoring program
- Enlarged Georgica Pond’s water quality program, in partnership with Friends of Georgica Pond, the Village of East Hampton and The Nature Conservancy
- Expanded Sag Harbor’s water quality monitoring program, in partnership with Southampton Trustees and Sag Harbor Village
- Proactively pursued a long-term water quality improvement program for Wainscott Pond
- Held numerous public meetings on the Deep Water Wind Project, and are fully engaged in the Federal and State review process
- Promoted public beach access
- Created a horseshoe crab breeding study
- Increased the very popular oyster gardening program
- Spearheaded the Town’s ban of helium balloon release
- Educated students about Trustees’ responsibilities by visiting local schools
And we promise to continue to be actively engaged, searching for answers to the challenges of today and those of tomorrow.
Ben was born and raised in East Hampton, and now lives in Montauk with his wife Leah and their two young children.
After graduating East Hampton High School and Green Mountain College, with a degree in environmental studies, Ben worked for many years in his father’s construction business. Now Ben is an insurance agent at the local firm, Amaden Gay Agencies. He also serves as an elected East Hampton Democratic Committee member.
He is an avid outdoorsman, hiker, gardener, and especially, a “waterman.” During summers while in school, Ben was an ocean lifeguard. He still loves doing anything on or in the water from surfing to fishing. He is a member of the Surfrider Foundation.
Ben’s family knows first hand the fragility of our coastal community as he now lives in his wife’s grandparents’ house that was moved to higher ground after the Hurricane of ’38.
He deeply appreciates the important role that the health and quality of our beaches and bays play in our environment here on the East End and if elected Trustee, he is committed to ensuring our beaches and bays are safeguarded for the enjoyment of generations to come.
Ben Dollinger is endorsed by the Democratic Party