Sylvia is passionate about preserving the environment and the quality of life that we enjoy and brings the experience, leadership and knowledge required to continue protecting our natural resources and the community that make it extraordinary.
Sylvia and her late husband raised their two boys, Alec and Andrew in Amagansett, both graduating from East Hampton High School. Sylvia has over 20 years of experience working in East Hampton, first as chair of the Amagansett Citizens Advisory Committee and chair of the East Hampton Town Planning Board, and was elected to the town board in 2011.
- Ensured a commitment to housing affordability by; updating the Community Housing Opportunity Fund Management Plan to address current affordable housing needs, initiated legislation to create detached affordable apartments and increased affordable housing in commercial buildings, expedited the Manor House housing project and supported the Gansett Meadow housing project
- Reinstated the Recycling and Litter Committee and enhanced the town’s commitment to theenvironment by sponsoring legislation to ban single- use plastic bags and Styrofoam take out containers
- Led the comprehensive town wide Hamlet Study planning process to ensure we have a long term vision and planning tool for our hamlet centers
- Led the Energy Sustainability and Resiliency Committee to address our need for renewable energy resulting in the Energize East Hampton and Peak Savers programs and a new solar farm
- Sponsored Formula/Chain Store legislation that helped stop the urbanization of the town and supported local businesses
- Upheld the legacy of maintaining our community character by preserving open space, wetlands, watersheds and historic properties
- Created the East Hampton Arts Council to continue the legacy of arts in the community and advance the needs of these small business owners
- Addressed our critical infrastructure and environmental needs by supporting water quality projects and funding for new residential and commercial low nitrogen septic systems and upgrading beach facilities in Amagansett and Montauk